Catholic Academy of Bridgeport produces better results with fewer resources:
- 100% of our students graduate from some of the best high schools in the area while only 76% of Bridgeport Public School pupils graduate high school.
- 99% of our students go on to college or post-secondary school compared to only 25% of Bridgeport Public School pupils.
- 80% of our students are on or above grade level in ELA, compared to only 29% of Bridgeport Public School pupils.
- Despite receiving $0 tuition support from the government, we have operated at break-even since 2013 because of the generosity of many individuals and foundations.
- In fact, while local public schools receive at least $18K per pupil from the state, we receive $0 in educational funding from the state and it only costs us $7.5K to educate each student.
We stretch our dollars, with results!
HOW DO WE MEASURE OUR SUCCESS?
By academic achievement, test scores and so much more, including ongoing evaluation of rigorous standards, social-emotional health of students, teaching of religious and moral values, commitment and engagement of staff, faculty, students, families and donors.
OUR SOMETHING MORE INCLUDES:
- Extended learning days (varies by campus),
- Rigorous curriculum,
- Regular professional development for staff and faculty,
- Strong high school placement and 99% pursue college matriculation,
- Summer enrichment opportunities including our Jump Start program,
- After-school programs and activities including:
- Alegre Program for the Performing Arts (choir, theater and dance),
- Sports (track, basketball, cheerleading, soccer, swim),
- Community service
WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER:
Financially challenged students an academically, socially and spiritually sound education that will provide them with increased opportunities for success later in their lives.
HOW YOUR SUPPORT CAN HELP:
Your financial support allows us to continue to build stronger academics, hire and retain exceptional faculty, improve facilities, grow our endowment and scholarship opportunities – and so much more!
Here are a few examples of current needs on our campuses:
Financial Aid & Rising Stars
Help bridge the tuition gap. Consider making a one-time or recurring gift to need-based scholarship
or become a “Rising Stars” sponsor to one or more children in need.
Full and partial sponsorships available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Help to underwrite our Mathematics Envision program; one or more Chromebooks, faculty professional development, or our Merit Pay program which has been life-changing for our teachers.
Help fund future scholarship.
Help plan for maintenance and improvements, such as security systems or new boilers.